Cape Cod Healthcare
- Customer Service
- Financial Services
Accountant Department: Financial Services (Corporate) Schedule: Full-time 40 Hours per week Shift: Day Shift Hours: 8a-5p Monday-Friday, occ. w/e Job Details:
Cape Cod Healthcare is the leading provider of healthcare services for residents and visitors of Cape Cod. With more than 450 physicians, 4,700 employees, and 1,100 volunteers, Cape Cod Healthcare operates two-acute care hospitals, the Cape's leading provider of homecare and hospice services (VNA), a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility (JML Care Center), an assisted living facility (Heritage at Falmouth), the Cape's only local laboratory service (CCHC Laboratory Services) and numerous health programs. We are currently seeking a dedicated Accountant to join our team at Cape Cod Healthcare.
Cape Cod Healthcare offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide financial information by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Accountant is responsible for month-end close and/or assisting the Senior Accountant with month-end close and monthly financial reporting
- Record financial transactions
- Prepare and record journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Review, track, analyze and reconcile all information for accuracy and compliance
- Analyze budget variances
- Prepare monthly reports
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations in support of the financial statements
- Establish financial protocols and tracking systems (e.g., fixed assets, inventories, capitalized labor)
- Prepare reports for submission to regulatory agencies
- Prepare audit worksheets and reports
- Prepare ad-hoc reports/analysis as needed by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Maintain accounting controls by following and/or recommending policies and procedures
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Maintain financial security by following and/or recommending internal controls
- Maintain the integrity of confidential data
- Keep informed on the latest developments in accounting and the healthcare field through study, reading, attendance at appropriate seminars
- Act as an advisor to Managers/Directors on financial formulation. Respond to department managers' inquiries regarding departmental reports. Participate in meetings as needed
- Exemplify a high standard of customer service
- Perform other work- related duties as required or assigned.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects Cape Cod Healthcare's commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
· 3-5 years experience in a financial setting or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or closely related field, and 1-2 years experience in a financial setting.
· Healthcare experience in a financial setting preferred.
· Knowledge of GAAP, financial theories, principles and concepts
HR Use Only:
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Accountant Jobs
- View more Accounting Jobs
- View more Customer Service Jobs
- View more Financial Services Jobs
- View more Healthcare Jobs
- View more Cape Cod Healthcare Jobs
View More Jobs in Barnstable, MA:
- View more jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Accountant jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Accounting jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Customer Service jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Financial Services jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Healthcare jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Cape Cod Healthcare jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts