RN - Birthing Center
Cape Cod Healthcare
- Customer Service
- Information Technology
RN - Birthing Center Department: Birthing Center Schedule: Per-diem Shift: Day/Evening/Night Hours: Per Diem Hours, Rot Days, Rot W/E, Rot Hol. Job Details:
Cape Cod Healthcare is an award-winning, comprehensive regional healthcare system based in Hyannis, Massachusetts. With more than 400 physicians, 4,000 employees, and 1,000 volunteers, Cape Cod Healthcare operates two-acute care hospitals, the largest home health services agency on the Cape (VNA), skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, an assisted living facility and numerous health programs. In 2013, CCHC was named one of America's top 15 healthcare systems by Truven Health Analytics, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. CCHC was cited for its achievements in providing high-value, community-based care with positive outcomes and fewer complications for patients. Quality, safety, and patient satisfaction are at the heart of everything we do! We are currently seeking a dedicated RN to join our team Birthing Center at Cape Cod Hospital.
**Labor and delivery experience and overnight availability preferred.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Delivers patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Administers and monitors patient responses to all medications. Directs and guides patient care, teaching and activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing within the realm of Hospital Policy. Maintains and delivers the highest quality customer service standards.
1. Properly utilizes the nursing process in caring for patients by maintaining relevant, accurate and current patient records as evidenced by Nursing PI activities.
2. Provides documentation of assessment of the patient throughout the Hospital admission including physical, psychological, social dimensions and discharge plans. Summarizes assessment data and initiate plan of care with communication of pertinent data to allied patient care providers as evidenced by Nursing PI activities.
3. Understands, assumes, and demonstrates proficiency in the role of charge nurse.
4. Demonstrates proficiency in Computerized Nursing Informatics (information systems).
5. Assumes role of resource person regarding patient care, orientation and teaching staff.
6. Participates in at least four unit staff meetings per year, attends mandatory programs and obtains three hours of Patient Care Assessment Committee (PCAC) credit per year.
7. Participates in identification of the aspects of care for the patient, indicators used to monitor the quality and appropriateness of care, and the evaluation of that care. Adheres to safety, blood/body fluid policies and procedures.
8. Assesses personal learning development needs. Maintains documentation of current and ongoing professional development activities. Regularly up-dates knowledge of techniques and regulations appropriate to the age of the patient served. Shows a willingness to participate on Nursing Committees.
9. Represents hospital in the community and within the hospital by maintaining confidentiality regarding patients and hospital matters and by presenting the hospital in a manner that will best market the services provided.
10. Performs other work related duties and activities as assigned or requested by his/her immediate supervisor.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Basic Life Support Certification required.
Successful passage of CCHC's Pharmacology exam. Must read, write and communicate in English. Documented proof of attendance at Fetal Monitor Course every 2 years. Current certification in American Academy of Pediatric Neonatal Resuscitation within 6 months of position and must maintain certification.
BSN Preferred. Obstetric certification preferred.
2 years of relevant RN experience required for all per diem positions.
HR Use Only:
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Registered Nurse Jobs
- View more Customer Service Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Healthcare Jobs
- View more Cape Cod Healthcare Jobs
View More Jobs in Barnstable, MA:
- View more jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Registered Nurse jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Customer Service jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Information Technology jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Healthcare jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts
- Cape Cod Healthcare jobs in Barnstable, Massachusetts